Elephant & Castle Town Centre
Allies and Morrison LLP
450,000 sq. ft. of new retail space and a £20 million new leisure centre
Shortlisted for Social Impact Award at Property Week
Real PM’s Services
Wholesale redevelopment of the Elephant and Castle shopping centre providing a large urban regeneration mixed-use project, incorporating a new Elephant and Castle London Underground station entrance.
The Elephant & Castle Town Centre will include a variety of high street and independent retail, dining & leisure facilities that will become a focal point for the community. Built on the ground of the old Shopping Centre, the redevelopment will also see a new, cutting-edge London College of Communication (UAL) and close to 1000 new homes, 35% of which will be affordable.
Real PM’s Role:
As part of Real PM’s role as Construction Advisor on the project we have:
- Produced a first principles demolition and construction programme alongside an integrated logistics strategy
- Reviewed the revised programme from pre-construction to handover
- Programme updates and management
- Highlighted risk mitigation opportunities to schedule
- Prepared technical review with the help of HOCHTIEF Engineering and looked at alternate construction strategies to reduce the schedule
- Procurement support and programme/technical delivery interface with the main contractors